Welcome to Apollo Mapping & The Geospatial Times
Hello to all of our new readers of The Geospatial Times from the Apollo Mapping team. While we are a newly formed company, we have the experience and product knowledge required to deliver the highest quality mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) solutions to our valued clients. Providing unrivaled customer service, we can assist you with a full range of geospatial services, products and solutions:
- High resolution satellite and aerial imagery from DigitalGlobe, GeoEye and (coming soon) Astrium.
- Medium resolution imagery from the Astrium constellation of satellites.
- Post processing of imagery including orthorectification, derivation of elevation models and spectral conversions.
- Custom geospatial solutions to meet the needs of your mapping project.
The Apollo Mapping team is also busy developing innovative products to meet the needs of specific vertical industries. Our first such offering is an end-to-end energy mapping solution for the Marcellus and Utica Shale basins, referred to as MILES. MILES contains three core components that can be delivered in tandem or individually:
- Lease Holds – an exclusive spatial database containing 129 counties of the most up-to-date oil and gas lease holds in the Marcellus and Utica Shale basins. We track all of the key attributes that are important to energy development including expiration dates, acreage held by production, payment details and mineral right owners.
- Vectors – a complimentary database with parcels, well spots and many more GIS layers for the 129 counties covered by our lease holds.
- Imagery & Elevation Data – high and medium resolution imagery and elevation data products covering key counties and regions of the basins with customized delivery and processing solutions.
In this monthly newsletter, The Geospatial Times, we will offer our readers a summary of the recent geospatial stories that caught our attention. We will also feature a variety of monthly columns on various topics in GIS, geography, academic research and energy development. And for those readers looking for a laugh every now and then, we will also throw in some humor to help you through your day.
For those of you in the market for high and/or medium resolution imagery, let us know and we will gladly provide you with a 10% discount on your first order over $500.
We look forward to hearing from you all soon!
The Apollo Mapping Team:
The Geospatial Ninja
Brock Adam McCarty
The Map Wizard